Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Message from Pei- Cool things


















Breakfast time!!! Yummy! There are all kinds of foods here in Taiwan, some of them Michael would eat and some he might not like so well. For breakfast we had: Scrambled Eggs, Fried Rice, Grapes, Grapefruit and Cabbage. Do you think you would like any of these things? I liked the scrambled eggs- yummy!



After breakfast it was time for Marcus to go teach, so he left us

to go do that- Wave bye! He will be back later today after he teaches his new Master Degree students. Then tonight we will go to something called a night market. Do you think they sell Nights there?






After Marcus left Heather and I had to decide what to do... We looked out over the city and it was huge. But we took off for a walk and decided that we would need some snacks for later and it would be nice to go get some lunch. Before we left though we accidently scared the lady who came to make our bed. She was very sweet though. So... we went off to get some lunch. I was hopping for a nice big steak... instead.. we got TEA EGGS... with seaweed... hrmmm... We tried them and they were pretty good But I think I would have rather had a steak. We walked 2 miles around the city and went to the family market and the wellcome market. We got sugar and milk and cornflakes and cookies and because it is still part of the Lunar New Year celebration and the Lantern festival we got a special rice cake to celebrate. I haven't eaten any of it, but I sure hope its better than tea eggs. Heather liked them but she doesn't think Michael would. I think I would agree with Michael! We also got Seaweed Sushi potato chips (yuck what is with Heather and seaweed today?) THEN, we got chips ahoy chocolate chip cookies, which Heather says Marcus and Michael like alot. I have to agree with them! Good thing we didn't find any seaweed cookies. All in all though we saw LOTS of scooters... and some really cool things! (just not the tea eggs)

No comments: