Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday night, and ready to head home

We finished up class today. Six group presentations, plus some last points to cover in lecture. It was a good group of students, and I enjoyed getting to know them a little bit. I hope I was able to pass along some worthwhile things to them.

Yesterday was also an all-day class, and of course there was also class on Friday night. So I haven't done much for the last couple of days. I did go out with one of the students last night, to a place called Holland Village, which is a shopping and dining area. We had some excellent food, including the Singaporean classic Chili Crab, as well as stir fried green beans with prawns, a very tasty fish that I don't know what it was (but it had a nasty looking head and lots of sharp, pointy teeth), some vegetables of different types... a few other things I think, as well. I was more than a little stuffed when I got back to the hotel.

My flight is tomorrow morning at 5:40am, which means I need to be at the airport at 3:40am, which means I need to leave the hotel at a little after 3:00am, which means I probably need to be up around 2:00am. I'm not real keen on that idea, but I'll certainly be able to get some sleep on the way to Tokyo. I have a very short layover in Tokyo, and then home to Detroit. I am supposed to arrive at DTW sometime around 1:30pm. I am looking forward to seeing Michael and hearing all about his week at Boy Scout camp (he earned his Tot'n Chip, and his Astronomy merit badge, I think, as well as his swimming certification). I also can't wait to see Heather and hear all about what's been going on at home, and just spend some time hanging out with the family.

Thanks for the interest, to whoever happens to read this. Not sure when it will next be updated, but I am sure some new adventure will come up before too long.

No comments: