Monday, July 20, 2009

Arab Street


I wandered through the Arab Street area this afternoon, and it was a good day to be out and about. Plenty hot, and that was a bit of a problem. I had worn shorts, and then realized once I got to the mosques that I would not be able to enter any of them. But I got to see them from the outside (as I did the Sultan Mosque, shown here), and to wander around in that part of the city, which was interesting. I did have to frame some of the shots of the Sultan Mosque to leave out the 7-11 sign. I also made it over to the Hajjah Fatima Mosque.
Lunch was murtabak, which was really tasty. Murtabak has a bread dough crust with chicken (though it is usually made with mutton), garlic, onion, and egg, served with a curry sauce.
I stopped in a toy store, and was amused at the number of knock-off products for sale, including the game O-Hello, which is Othello, and a bunch of others.
On the way back, I stopped in at the
Singapura Plaza, which is next to the Dhoby Ghaut metro station. It is a big mall, with a Carrefour in it, so I picked up some fresh grapes and a little
cheese, so I am well-stocked for days of work.

2 comments:

Scott Dickson said...

of the update.

Of course, you get to go to Arab Street and I go to the land where Osceola meets Mad Max. Downtown is completely desolate...

Good trip, though. You guys ought to take Michael to Arkansas and take a ride with Mr. Cissell.

H.P. Dickson said...

beautiful details