Saturday, May 16, 2009

An interesting group to work with

Today was the first day of class. I am teaching Leadership in the Executive Program here, and this is the first time I have taught that class for this program. The students this time are a really nice bunch, and they are also pretty dedicated. We always give them time to work on a group project, and the students had finished up their group work and there were still several minutes left in the scheduled class session. Most classes would probably have just knocked off early, but these folks asked if we could talk more about one of the readings, which was pretty cool.

For lunch, we went to the Wisteria Tea House, which is the place where many of the early discussions about Western democracy in Taiwan took place. I've eaten there before, but not back on the tatami mats on the floor. The students were great conversationalists, and the meal was a sort of pork meat ball soup, among other things.

Tomorrow is another day of class, and I think that tonight I will finally sleep soundly. Then Monday is my cooking class!

No comments: